Yoga este disciplina folsită de adepți pentru auto-cunoaștere și ridicarea nivelului de vibrație.
Ce este esențial de știut din Yoga: conceptele de reîncarnare, evoluție spirituală (numită și ridicarea nivelului de vibrație), chakra, kundalini și sublimarea energiilor sexuale.
Maeștri de Yoga Edit
- Ramakrishna (1836–1886)
- Swami Shivananda (1854–1934), born Hindu spiritual leader and a direct disciple of Ramakrishna, who became the second president of the Ramakrishna Mission.
- Sri Yukteswar (1855–1936) the guru of Satyananda Giri and Paramahansa Yogananda.
- Swami Vivekananda (1863–1902), Indian Hindu monk, a chief disciple of the 19th-century Indian mystic Ramakrishna. He was a key figure in the introduction of the Indian philosophies of Vedanta and Yoga to the Western world.
- Sri Aurobindo (1872–1950) was an Indian nationalist, philosopher, yogi, guru and poet.
- Ramana Maharshi (1879–1950)
- Tirumalai Krishnamacharya (1888–1989), Indian yoga teacher, ayurvedic healer and scholar. Often referred to as "The Father of Modern Yoga," Krishnamacharya is widely regarded as one of the most influential yoga teachers of the 20th century and is credited with the revival of hatha yoga.
- Paramahansa Yogananda (1893–1952), Indian yogi and guru who introduced millions of westerners to the teachings of meditation and Kriya Yoga through his book, Autobiography of a Yogi.
- B. K. S. Iyengar (1918–2014) was the founder of the style of yoga known as "Iyengar Yoga" and was considered one of the foremost yoga teachers in the world.
- Maharishi Mahesh Yogi (1918–2008) created the Transcendental Meditation movement
- Sathya Sai Baba (1926–2011) was an Indian guru and philanthropist.
- Osho (1931–1990)